This firm represented the family of the late Ahana Singh at an inquest into her death on the 12th December 2023.
The Coroner returned a verdict of medical misadventure having heard tragic evidence from Ahana’s parents and the medical staff involved in her care.
Ahana died shortly before her fifth birthday, as a result of a failure to diagnose and treat Strep A and sepsis. She was discharged from Temple Street Hospital and advised to take Calpol and Nurofen, having spent 9 hours in the Accident and Emergency Department. She displayed many signs of sepsis, and these were missed by staff involved in her care. Ahana died at home approximately 12 hours after she was discharged from hospital. Evidence was given by the consultant on call in Temple Street Hospital that had Ahana been treated for sepsis, she would have, on the balance of probability, survived.
For further information, please contact email@example.com or call the office on 019123240.